STRICTLY HIGHWAYS 2021 – AWARDS
Net zero innovation project of the year
This award will recognise an outstanding innovation project delivered by an organisation/partnership that has demonstrably contributed to accelerating or reducing the cost of decarbonisation. The project will evidence a reduction in environmental impacts including the management of embedded carbon within construction and reduction in air pollution.
Reduce Environmental Impacts – managing embedded carbon within construction and reducing air pollution.
CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD:
- A description of the project, including aims and objectives (250 words)
- A breakdown of the project outcomes (250 words)
- Details of the environmental savings achieved and how has this been calculated (250 words)
- How have the benefits of the project been shared and disseminated with the highways community (250 words)
TIPS – THE JUDGES WILL BE LOOKING FOR:
- A project that has had a positive effect on the environment
- A project that has the potential to create significant future benefits across the industry and beyond, where learnings have been effectively shared
- Projects that have created genuine environmental benefits, with findings that have been successfully embedded into business as usual
- A project that has created a legacy that can be replicated on other projects
- Evidence of creative problem solving, exceptional technical skill and teamwork in delivery of the project
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY: 5pm on 29 Sept 2021
The winner will be decided at the meeting of the Judges prior to the awards ceremony and the winner announced at the Strictly Highways 2021 Award Ceremony, taking place virtually on 07 October 2021.
Winning entries will be awarded a certificate from the Department for Transport.
The decision of the Judges will be final. The Judges reserve the right to refuse or disqualify any entry for any reason they consider valid.