STRICTLY HIGHWAYS 2021 – AWARDS
Local transport technology hero
To be awarded to an individual local government officer who has gone the extra mile. This should be someone whose vision, drive and advocacy has had an impact in the use of technology by local authorities.
CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD:
- Describe how the individual has gone the extra mile in terms of adoption and implementation of technology (500 words)
- How has the individual influenced the highways industry (250 words)
- Evidence of playing a substantial role in the development and delivery of new technologies (250 words)
TIPS – THE JUDGES WILL BE LOOKING FOR:
- An individual that has created significant future benefits across the industry and beyond
- An individual with a ‘can do’ attitude that has achieved tangible business benefits
- An individual that has demonstrated a willingness to collaborate with others for the benefit of the wider sector
- An individual that has created a legacy that can be replicated by other local authorities
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY: 5pm on 29 Sept 2021
The winner will be decided at the meeting of the Judges prior to the awards ceremony and the winner announced at the Strictly Highways 2021 Award Ceremony, taking place virtually on 07 October 2021.
Winning entries will be awarded a certificate from the Department for Transport.
The decision of the Judges will be final. The Judges reserve the right to refuse or disqualify any entry for any reason they consider valid.