6 May 2021 | BY: Vaisala
Vaisala – we are recruiting.
Business Development Specialist
Sales Manager (UK/Europe)
Vaisala solutions contribute to societies and people’s lives in over 150 countries – and can even be found in space. With our technological innovations for measuring environmental and industrial conditions, we have a key role in solving the grand social and environmental challenges of our time. We offer you a career with a clear purpose and a chance to create observations for a better world. Building on over 80 years of experience, we employ approximately 1,900 professionals worldwide today. We are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki stock exchange and our headquarters is located in Finland.
Vaisala Road Asset Management team is delivering real world solutions and value using Artificial Intelligence enabled Computer Vision to create the next generation of observational data collection and analysis tools. Building collaborative, value sharing partnerships with customers, and travelling with them on their digital transformation journey to deliver environmental, safety and resource benefits to society. We are seeking an ambitious and motivated Sales Manager to join our team in to support our growth initiatives in the field of the Road Asset Management.
The purpose of the role is to create new opportunities within the pavement condition/defect and asset management markets, meet opportunity creation targets, proactively seeking new business, and negotiating and close deals.
Your key responsibilities include:
• Growing and developing sales of Road Asset Management services to customers globally
• Development and management of productive sales funnel
• Maintenance of sales funnel data on Salesforce
• Generate leads proactively using direct calls, email and social media presence
• Monitor and respond to publicly advertised commercial opportunities, including maintenance of company profile on procurement platforms
• Arrange and attend client meetings to provide product and service demonstrations
• Attend exhibitions and conferences
• Produce commercial proposals and quotations for delivery of products and services
• Evaluate tender opportunities, liaise with legal and product teams for approval where necessary, and compile and submit tender responses.
• Communicate local market needs to product management
• Arrange and attend project meetings to support customer adoption of services.
• Collecting customer insight and competitor information in order to support product managers and business development in product roadmap and product requirements planning.
• Participating in defining product strategic marketing messages and product value argumentation.
• Providing guidance and participating in product modelling as a customer expert, especially related to the launch phase and the marketing material creation.
• Position requires up to 50% travel.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field; and 5 years’ experience in B-2-G direct sales with additional experience utilizing channel partners.
• Experience with B2G sales with Tier 1 and Tier 2 government (state, county, city/municipal level) transportation, road/highway maintenance
• Experience working in Asset management, Road condition assessment, and/or Road maintenance
• Knowledge of technical sales and understanding of government procurement practices, contractual issues, and financing instrument
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Experience with a Global organization with an international network;
• Experience generating new sales to existing, and potential new customers
• Experience with Management of customer accounts; Budget and action planning, forecasting own sales performance, and developing own sales funnel (to include experience with preparing quotes and tenders in accordance with appropriate policies)
We offer you an exciting business environment, a highly professional and collaborative global team with continuous learning & development opportunities in relation to software products using computer vision and Artificial Intelligence, combining practical asset management needs and the latest software technology to help the public sector manage their transportation assets better. You will be part of a global company, but starting with a local mission of establishing Vaisala as the leading provider of Computer Vision Asset management systems. We need a strong team player who can educate and enthuse the market about this exciting new technology, with the resilience, drive and determination needed to develop a new business. Vaisala provides great development possibilities within their global organization and we support and expect you to develop yourself professionally and in reaching your personal goals.
Please send your application including CV and salary request soon. Recruitment will be closed as soon as we find a suitable person.
Click Here to apply.