Vacancy – Customer Relationship Manager
From the Highlands to Cornwall and everywhere in between, local authorities and term-maintenance contractors rely on Velocity to provide safe and highly efficient road repairs.
With our innovative technology and well trained operators, Velocity’s patching technique makes it possible to carry out far more repairs per day than traditional techniques at a significantly lower cost. Repairs that last longer and minimise inconvenience for road users. That’s something that customers and drivers really appreciate.
We’re a sustainable business that has established a market leading position. Making Velocity a great place to work is important to us; our team report exceptionally high levels of job satisfaction and engagement.
Our team have built up great relationships with our customers, with a reputation for integrity, honesty and quality. Because of this reputation we’re in a position to grow, and are looking for a customer relationship manager to join the team.
This is a national role: customers are located throughout the UK, predominantly in England. Like most companies, we’ve learnt that being in the office is not necessary with effective use of technology.
So while our home is in the North East, yours can be anywhere in the UK.
We’re looking for someone with the drive to grow our business whilst making sure we maintain our good relationships with existing customers. Of course, you won’t be on your own – we’ve a strong team here at Velocity that work together.
The ideal fit for us is an ambitious team-player with experience in the highways industry.
With an approachable, professional manner, you’ll have a good understanding of the needs and drivers of local authorities and term-maintenance contractors, and the ability to translate those requirements into mutually beneficial partnerships.
- To plan and implement sales and customer relations activities in order to meet company targets for retention, growth, sustainability and profitability.
- To effectively manage contracts, working closely with RRS Operations, Admin, finance and workshop to ensure contracts are delivered profitability and meet customer expectations.
Skills & Behaviours
- Highways industry experience, particularly the local roads network
- Ability to confidently operate at all levels, from operations to directors
- Capability to build win strategies based on customer need
- Presentation and marketing skills to attract new business, exceed customer reporting expectations, and grow sales through repeat orders
- Produce sales plans, monitor and provide reports of actual v estimated, managing your own pipeline through Salesforce.
- Tender management and proposal writing.
- Problem solver.
Company Service Standards
- To ensure the production of information such as reports and/or data is presented in an accurate, validated, clear and unambiguous way.
- Good time management and meeting deadlines.
- Motivated and flexible approach to the role.
- To work under own initiative when required.
- Positive interaction with others.
- Help and support others to ensure overall group targets can be met.
- Ownership of personal development.
- To portray a professional image both internally and externally in appearance, behaviour and language.
- Seek continuous improvement in everything we do.
- To comply with company Management System policies, procedures and instructions for Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety management.
- The qualifications and knowledge of the team sets Velocity apart in the industry. This is underpinned by a strong focus on employee training and development. Full training in our services and products will be provided, and formal training related to your role will be considered.