20 May 2021
Vacancy – Carnell – Technology and Development Manager
Title – Technology and Development Manager
Location – Wakefield
As our Technology and Development Manager you will play a key role as part of the electrical and technology team. You will work closely with the client at ECI stage and support throughout schemes. Within Carnell, you will liaise between Contract Managers, Quantity Surveyors and Estimators efficiently. You will provide support to Electrical Managers and HERS Admin.
Responsibilities – but not limited to;
- Business development – identifying and pursuing new opportunities and markets for our services.
- Understanding & Developing the scope of works from Tenders received into Carnell
- Working alongside the Estimators in carrying out Take/offs, due diligence on the client’s requirements specifications.
- Communicating with the Area/ Client electrical teams.
- Liaising with Electrical Manager in relation to programme outputs.
- Liaising with Area Contract Managers to integrate Electrical/ Technology activities into Tender Programmes.
- Assisting Estimators in sending out any electrical/technology activities into Tender programmes.
- Assisting Estimators in sending out any electrical/Technology Tender TQ’s
- Procurements of all main Electrical/Technology material items (organising and navigating long lead in items and delivery locations in line with the construction issued programme_ this will be in direct liaison with Electrical & Area Contract Teams.
- Pursue/identify and chase new electrical and technology opportunities
- Identify and capture new innovations that could enhance our business offering
- Product technical feedback reports and case studies
- Support bid evidence gathering
- Support quality document production for tenders
- Record best practise/innovation
Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience in Highways Engineering, Project, and Process Management
- Experiences in using Microsoft Software (project, Excel, Word etc).
- Excellent people skills and communication ability
- 5x GCSE A-C grade.