20 May 2021
Vacancy – Carnell – Project Manager – Area 6 and 8 (Bury St. Edmunds)
Job Title: Project Manager – Area 6&8
Location: Bury St. Edmunds (or within commutable distance)
As a Project Manager you will oversee all aspects of a project from conception to completion. You will work closely with and provide scheme support to the Contracts Manager. You will provide independent engineering and supervisory support to schemes. You will be reliable, responsible, professional, and knowledgeable.
You will be expected to easily manage established site and contact systems to control the flow of engineering information between Carnell and their Client on multiple live schemes simultaneously. As such you will be responsible for generating and reviewing H&S paperwork, identifying engineering discrepancies within the works information and resolve these issues using technical queries to ensure works are constructed with the full agreement of the Designer.
Responsibilities – but not limited to.
- Plan and oversee all aspects of a project from cradle to grave.
- Defining a project’s scope and goals.
- Hardworking, flexible, reliable, and most importantly can identify safe and unsafe working conditions.
- Planning and scheduling project timelines.
- Coordinating project staff.
- Resource planning and allocation.
- Quality assurance.
- Carrying out method statement and risk assessment.
- Managing project administration, including all documentation.
- Meeting budgetary objectives.
- Reporting regularly to senior management.
- Tracking project performance.
- Essential they can work some nights on occasions.
- Raise EWN’s & Raise TQ’s
- Organise resources (labour, plant, materials, sub-contractors) on each site to complete the work to plan and programme
- Ensure that all plant & machinery provided for the works is suitable for the tasks being undertaken
- Ensure site related paperwork is completed and issued to the relevant department(s) on a weekly basis
- Monitor working hours, to ensure compliance with WTD
- Responsibility for performance of Supervisors and Foremen under their control and to continually appraise and develop their skills
- Coach and look after new starters, so that they become competent to work alongside a motorway or high-speed road
- Organise training of employees in the various skills required for execution of the works
- Annual appraisals
- Ensure that only trained personnel are used for the activities being undertaken
- Ideally your background will be in construction / highspeed roads / highways
- HND / HNC qualified or equivalent (Civil Engineering or similar)
- CSCS Supervisor Card essential
- SSSTS or SMSTS essential
- NRSWA preferable
- You will be hardworking, flexible, and reliable
- You can identify safe / unsafe working conditions
For more information and to apply, please click here.