20 May 2021
Vacancy – Carnell – Project Manager (Area 10, Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside and South Lancashire)
As a Project Manager you will work closely with and provide scheme support to the Contracts Manager. You will provide independent engineering and supervisory support to schemes. You will be reliable, responsible, professional, and knowledgeable.
You will be expected to easily manage established site and contact systems to control the flow of engineering information between Carnell and their Client on multiple live schemes simultaneously. As such you will be responsible for generating and reviewing H&S paperwork, identifying engineering discrepancies within the works information and resolve these issues using technical queries to ensure works are constructed with the full agreement of the Designer.
Health & Safety
• Must be clear about their duties under the H&SWA in relation to their own safety and that of others.
• Write and review regularly all necessary H&S documentation. i.e. Construction Phase Plan. RAMS, Job Packs
• Ensure all works under their charge are carried out safely in accordance with our SHE Management system and that they do not pose a danger to the workers on site, sub-contractors, site visitors or members of the general public.
• Undertake pre-tender site visits and submit reports to the commercial department
• Ability to produce comprehensive material take offs from site drawings and order materials for specific schemes.
• Produce material take off from contract drawings
• Ensure materials are approved by Designer prior to ordering
• Order materials and ensure delivery in time to meet programme requirements.
• Ensure site related paperwork, electronic diary and systems are completed and submitted as required
• Able to maintain and operate scheme admin system ensuring correspondence registers are kept up to date and correctly referenced.
• Demonstrate detailed understanding of the relationship between documents within the works information.
• Demonstrates an excellent understanding of ITP’s and their limits in controlling quality of works on site.
• Write site specific ITP’s and ensure ITP’s are in place for all constructed permanent works.
• Keep CM and QS informed of any changes to works scope, programme, issues preventing works being carried out in line with tendered outputs so EWN and CE can be raised
• Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally to a high standard, including the daily production of a detailed diary relating to site operations.
Programme Development, Delivery and Management
• Effectively and efficiently plan, organise, and direct site operatives to ensure programmes and deadlines are met.
• Deliver in accordance with the programme for the site works and keep the Contracts Manager updated on progress.
• Able to write and update weekly programmes using MS Project.
Experience / Qualifications
• HND / HNC qualified or equivalent (Civil Engineering – preferable)
• Experience in a similar role in Highways and Civil Engineering
• CSCS Supervisor Card essential
• SSSTS essential
• NRSWA preferable
• Confident with MS Project
• Professional attitude and ability to operate without supervision
• Good understanding of contract documents and the relationship between them
• Capable of teaching and developing operatives
• Demonstrates strong Health and Safety skills and leadership
• Good time management & high degree of organisation.
• Good Appreciation of Engineering principles.
• An understanding of relevant Health & Safety legislation
• Full clean driving licence
For more information and to apply, please click here.