16 November 2023 | Collaboration | Our Work
This year’s Strictly Highways was the biggest yet, with over 400 delegates from both public and private in attendance over two days.
The event brought together the whole highways community, including councils, the Department for Transport (DfT), academia, industry associations, the supply chain and media and enabled everyone to learn about new innovation and technology, share experiences, receive updates from the DfT and showcased the industry associations
The theme for event centred around ‘Collaboratively Speaking: Sharing Solutions to Meet Local Roads Demands’ and delegates were given the opportunity to learn something new, refresh existing knowledge, improve skills, and keep up to date with the latest developments in the highways sector.
This year also saw the introduction of a bigger exhibition space and longer breaks between conference sessions, providing delegates with more time to network and visit over 50 exhibition stands on display.
We’ve now collated the feedback received from our 2023 post event delegate survey and we are delighted to share some of the headline statistics with you as we recap the event in numbers:
- Overall attendance – more than 400 attendees over the two days
- 180 public sector delegates in attendance
- 7 DfT Special Recognition awards presented
- 284 hotel rooms reserved for delegates
- More than 70 different local highway authorities attended the event
- Each local authority had on average 2 representatives in attendance
- 48 speakers across the two days
- The event featured more than 50 exhibitors
Feedback following the event has also been very positive, with
- 100% of public sector respondents to our post event survey said they would recommend the event to colleague and;
- 97% of private sector respondents to our event survey said they would recommend the event.
- 97% of public sector respondents rated the conference speakers across the two days as 4/5 to 5/5 stars.
- 82% of exhibitors respondents rated the suitability of delegates who visited their stand as 4/5 to 5/5 stars.
You can catch up on some of the highlights on demand here.
Don’t miss out!
Make sure you are part of the action by registering your interest for Strictly Highways 2024 here!