17 August 2021 | Collaboration | BY: SRL Traffic Systems Ltd
SRL is honoured to receive the Armed Forces Covenant Bronze Award in recognition of our commitment to supporting the armed forces community.
We believe in doing all we can to support individuals who sacrifice so much to protect the freedoms we as individuals and as a nation benefit from. We whole heartedly support the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant.
About the Armed Forces Covenant
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise made by the nation to those who serve (or have served) in the armed forces, and their families. It is a commitment to uphold two key principles:
- that no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- that in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved
This obligation applies to the whole of society including charities, businesses and individuals and recognises the contribution of those se who have performed military duties. To find out more about the Armed Forces Covenant go to https://www.armedforcescovenant.gov.uk/
The Defence Employer Recognition Scheme
The Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) specifically recognises private sector support for the armed forces community in line with the covenant. Each organisation creates their own unique covenant which summarises their intentions. Our covenant outlines a range of commitments including to:
- promote the fact that we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation, to our staff, customers, suppliers, contractors and wider public.
- support the employment of veterans (recognising military skills and qualifications in our recruitment and selection process) as well as their spouses and partners.
- support Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities.
Aside from the moral imperative to support those who give up so much so serve in our armed forces, SRL recognises the rich and diverse skills and qualities reservists and veterans bring to the workplace. Our success depends on the ability of our nationwide team to pull together and those who have served in the armed forces understand that ethos more than most.
We look forward to welcoming members of the armed forces community into our team in future and we are proud to support the armed forces community in any way we can. For more information about careers at SRL, please visit out website