Senior OS representative to take part in technology discussion
The Head of Roadside Asset Data Services at Ordnance Survey (OS), Great Britain’s National Mapping Agency, has joined a stellar lineup of speakers at LCRIG’s upcoming webinar on the subject of ‘Utilising technology to deliver change’.
Simon Navin leads a team who are discovering and developing customer requirements and solutions for roadside asset and data services in the areas of asset management, network planning and intelligent mobility.
He advises on the geospatial requirements for emerging markets such as autonomous Vehicles, 5G, smart cities, Internet of Things and digital twin. Simon is a chartered Surveyor through RICS and CICES and represents OS on a number of built environment, intelligent mobility and geospatial committees and initiatives.
Simon joins the following panellists, who will be discussing the role of technology in driving change in the highways sector:
– Angus Bodie, former lead of the Scottish Roads Collaboration Programme
– Sean Rooney, Head of Service – Highway Maintenance at Oxfordshire County Council
– Steve Birdsall, CEO, Gaist
– Matt Coleman, Head of Data Policy, Analytics and Data Division, DfT
The event, which is being hosted by LCRIG in partnership with Gaist, is taking place on 11 February at 11am.
The panel will discuss the following topic areas:
- The importance of data
- Using technology as part of the Covid-19 recovery
- AI – friend or foe?
- The balance between using tech and people
- Is technology making roads safer and cost effective
- How councils are using technology