27th April 2020 | BY: Vaisala
Road AI to support Highways Inspectors
In project meetings with clients over the past few weeks it has been inspiring to see how people have pulled together to deal with the extraordinary circumstances that we find ourselves in. IT infrastructure has been transformed, (in some cases literally overnight), operational teams have rapidly implemented resilience level service delivery, with reduced staffing levels, and lone worker policies have been implemented in many places.We have also been hearing how many of our clients are using our Road AI system to support lone workers carrying out safety inspections, enabling them to collect video, make notes and share via map interface with remote working colleagues.
Vaisala would like to do everything we can to help the country through these extraordinary challenges, and so we are pleased to be able to announce that we can offer free access to our Road AI system to UK local authorities, government and road maintenance contractors.
The offer includes:
- Set-up and training in 1 hour
- Collect video using Android smartphone mounted in windscreen of any vehicle
- Collect video of entire driven inspection route
- Drop pins and add audio notes to the data to be reviewed on map to highlight issues found on inspection
- All video data and notes collected uploaded via WiFi or mobile networks
- All data collected is anonymised and GDPR compliant
- Data processed and available in 2 hrs
Vaisala are making this offer as a token of thanks to those in key services protecting the vulnerable and keeping critical services and supply lines open.
Anyone wanting to learn more should email email@example.com with contact details and one of the Computer Vision team will get in touch as soon as possible.