Less than a week left to register for webinar on safety inspections
There’s less than a week left to register for a webinar which will examine how councils can advance their safety inspections.
The LCRIG-led webinar entitled ‘Advancing safety inspections: the case for change‘ is taking place next Wednesday (12 May) and is being delivered in association with Gaist. The event will examine the following:
- Moving away from traditional approaches to highways safety inspections
- How to help highway inspectors through technological advances
- The importance of data when countering claims
- Reaping wider rewards through an innovative approach
- Why safety will always be key
The discussion – which is taking place at 11am – will challenge councils to look holistically at their highways safety inspection regimes and consider making changes that could benefit the way in which they do things.
LCRIG Content Director Alec Peachey, who will be chairing the event, said: “This is a hugely important area for councils. The safety of roads that are maintained by local authorities is vital and inspections that are carried out to ascertain their condition are key. This event will help inform councils of new technologies available to them.”
- Christina Liassides, Senior Consultant – Professional Services, Gaist
- Shaun Taylor, Highway Maintenance Manager at Bristol City Council
- Paul Boss, Chief Executive, Road Surface Treatments Association (RSTA)
- Steve Spender, Chief Executive, Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE)
You can register for the event here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6950244310788946956