29 September 2021 | Collaboration | Our Work
The Local Council Roads Innovation Group (LCRIG) is proud to announce it has achieved certification to the international standard, ISO 44001, representing a global first for an organisation of its type.
ISO 44001 represents a new generation of international standard with a focus on behaviours, organisational culture and management processes providing a common platform to underpin sustainable business relationships and harness the benefits of collaborative working.
To achieve the standard LCRIG had to undertake a rigorous assessment process. Chief Executive Martin Duffy has been instrumental in helping the Community Interest Company achieve certification and claims it will help to further embed strong collaborative behaviours across the highways sector.
Being certified in this way will help LCRIG members in the following ways:
• To build sustainable relationships
• To share a common platform for collaboration
• To demonstrate to the wider industry our collaborative credentials
• To systemise joint approaches to continuous improvement on topics such as procurement, climate change and social value
• To reinforce LCRIG’s 9 Commitments
LCRIG Chief Executive Martin Duffy said: “This is a global first for an organisation of our type. The benefit this will bring to our members is ten-fold in helping them to comprehensively embrace the principles of collaborative working and demonstrate to DfT and others their individual collaborative credentials.