Innovation | 30 June 2022
A new report shows that widespread adoption and use of address and street data in local authorities could generate £384m savings over the period 2022-2026, with an enhanced return on investment of 6:1.
13 May 2022 | Innovation | Our Work
Details of how to apply to be a qualifying innovator at this year’s Innovation Festival have been released by the Local Council Roads Innovation Group (LCRIG).
The LCRIG Innovation Festival will be a first of its kind event, giving qualifying innovators the chance to receive funding to develop an innovation or facilitate a trial of their product or solution on a local authority network.
A number of local authorities have committed to making their networks available for trials and a portion of all exhibition space and sponsor sales at the festival will be put into the LCRIG / Steve Berry Innovation Fund, to be distributed to winning innovators, or to contribute to the cost of a trial, for each innovation category.
To apply to be a qualifying innovator at the Innovation Festival the process is as follows:
1. Register your exhibition space on the Innovation Festival web page. Note on the registration form that you would like to be included as a qualifying innovator and the category that is relevant to your innovation.
2. Complete the Qualifying Innovator Form, providing more details of your innovation, by Friday 17th June.
3..Upload a short presentation or video of your innovation to the Exhibitor Zone on the Innovation Fund event platform by Friday 17th June.
4. The Qualifying Innovator Form will be reviewed by the LCRIG Infrastructure Innovation Board prior to the Innovation Festival on 6th and 7th July.
5. Throughout the Innovation Festival, the LCRIG Infrastructure Innovation Board and delegates at the event will judge the qualifying innovators.
6. There will be the opportunity for a short video about your innovation to be played on the main stage throughout the 2 days of the festival.
7. All scores will be collated at the end of the festival and the LCRIG Infrastructure Innovation Board will review the results. The final decision for the winning innovations in each category will be made by the LCRIG Infrastructure Innovation Board.
8. Feedback will be given to all Qualifying Innovators and the winners of each category announced by Friday 22nd July. Please note that applicants who apply for funding from the LCRIG/Steve Berry Innovation Fund will retain their IP.
If you need more information, email [email protected] or call 01254 945250.