25 May 2022 | Net Zero | Our Work
Mark Heaton, Programme Leader, Surfacing and Patching at Lincolnshire County Council, joins a strong panel for the Local Council Roads Innovation Group’s next webinar: ‘Practical steps on the journey to net zero: The materials challenge’.
Mark joins representatives from National Highways, the Road Surface Treatments association (RSTA), Breedon and Colas for the event which will examine how carbon savings can be made across highway and transportation infrastructure with respect to the type of materials used.
Other confirmed panellists include:
- Paul Boss, Chief Executive of the Road Surface Treatments Association (RSTA).
- Ken McNeil, Technical Director at Breedon
- Daniel Morgan, Quarrying and Asphalt Development Director at Colas
- Lila Tachtsi, Director of Asset Management for National Highways
With the roads sector under increasing pressure to adapt to improving environmental standards and meet the expectations of government and society; including bringing all greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050 – LCRIG has teamed up with Colas and Breedon to deliver this exclusive series entitled ‘Delivering practical steps on the journey to net zero’. The launch event took place in March and is available to watch on demand here.
‘The materials challenge’ webinar will take place on 7th June at 11am. The event will set out to examine the following:
- Using new materials and techniques to deliver carbon savings
- Becoming less risk-averse on the journey to net zero
- How to track carbon savings?
- The financial benefits
- Learning from abroad
You can register for the event here.
Following this webinar, a series of further webinars will be delivered throughout 2022, covering carbon reduction in fleet, asset management and street lighting.