DfT data expert joins LCRIG webinar panel
A senior representative from the Department for Transport (DfT) has agreed to form part of a webinar panel which will be discussing the role of technology in driving change in the highways sector.
Matt Coleman, Head of Data Policy, Analytics and Data Division, DfT will participate in the event which is taking place on 11 February at 11am.
The event, entitled ‘Utilising technology to deliver change’ is being hosted by LCRIG in partnership with Gaist. The other members of the panel are:
- Angus Bodie, former lead of the Scottish Roads Collaboration Programme
- Sean Rooney, Head of Service – Highway Maintenance at Oxfordshire County Council
- Steve Birdsall, CEO, Gaist.
The panel will discuss the following topic areas:
- The importance of data
- Using technology as part of the Covid-19 recovery
- AI – friend or foe?
- The balance between using tech and people
- Is technology making roads safer and cost effective
- How councils are using technology