Street Lighting and Highway Signs PFI Monitoring Engineer
Location Sunderland, England
Hours Full Time
Salary£34,728 - £38,890
Job Reference: 217711 / LCRIG26141
Date Posted: 4 January 2022
Closing Date: 31 January 2022
Here at Sunderland City Council, we employ people in many roles, ranging from ICT experts to front line Social Workers and Environmental Services technicians. We have a role for everyone – all working towards the shared goal of making a true difference to our community.
As the winner of ‘smart city’ of the year, Sunderland has so much to offer, from diverse events and a vibrant city to low cost of living – it is the place for you.
Our people are our strength here at the council, and with our City Plan at the heart of our transformation, we need you to make that vision a reality.
The Infrastructure & Commercial section requires a suitably qualified Street Lighting PFI Monitoring Engineer to assist in the delivery of the Street Lighting and Sign PFI Service. This is an exciting time to join the City Development Team with major developments taking place throughout the City, as well as the roll out of the Smart City Programme.
The main areas of responsibilities of the post include:
- Monitoring the Service Provider and ensuring the effective delivery of the PFI contract, including the production of management reports relating to the performance of the Service.
- To provide the council’s principal point of contact for all street lighting, highway signs, electronic communication attachments, and event illumination matters.
- To offer expert advice and direction to other officers, elected members, residents, developers and the like on street lighting matters. Ensuring meaningful and working relationships are developed and maintained.
Our PFI contract has another 7 years to run, and you will be heavily involved in assisting with the development and delivery of the successor arrangements for a 2028 start.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post within the City Development Directorate.
You must be self-motivated and have a flexible approach to working arrangements, and will have suitable experience and operational knowledge.
As a colleague at Sunderland City Council, you will have access to a fantastic range of benefits and discounts, including:
- Automatic enrolment with a pay and reward pension scheme with Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi time to allow for work-life balance (only where applicable)
- 25 days leave (excluding bank holidays) rising to 30 days after 5 years service, with the advantage of an additional leave scheme
- Home and agile working.