Location Preston, National, England
Hours Full Time
Salary Competitive Salary - Dependent on Experience
Job Reference: ST2021 / LCRIG16159
Date Posted: 5 July 2021
Closing Date: 31st Jul, 2021
PTS Ltd was formed in February 2002, starting with one Falling Weight Deflectometer, and since then we have grown year on year becoming the UK’s leading provider of highway infrastructure surveys, investigations, and assessments, with associated materials testing carried out in our UKAS Accredited laboratory. We now operate a fleet of accredited machines alongside accredited highways inspectors for delivering infrastructure condition surveys and our operations team, led by experienced Pavement Engineers, successfully deliver hundreds of projects each year across the UK.
As a company we are committed to and passionate at providing both the best and safest working environment for our staff, and to ensuring excellence in the execution and delivery of our services. In pursuit of this, PTS are accredited to ISO 9001 for quality management systems, ISO 14001 for environmental management systems, ISO 45001 for health and safety management, and we hold UKAS accreditation to ISO 17025 for our laboratory testing services.
Due to an increase in workload, which is because of company-wide growth, Pavement Testing Services Ltd are seeking a number of Site Technicians to work out of our Preston site. The positions are full time and permanent. We are seeking enthusiastic, hard-working people to work on sites across the length and breadth of the UK for a rapidly expanding Civil Engineering company. The main duties of our Site Technicians are day-to-day testing and surveying operations on highways across the UK. On the job training will be provided. Working away from home on a regular basis will be an integral part of the position. Successful candidates for this role must pass an intensive safety-critical medical.
· Ensure that all work and tasks carried out are done as per company guidelines to assist in the continual development and improvement of PTS, its ISO 9001 management systems and to comply with all international standards, Health and Safety, applicable laws, regulations, protocols and guidelines.
· Ensure that all plant and equipment is operational before leaving the depot
· Ensure vehicle checks have been done before leaving the depot and all vehicles are kept clean and tidy
· Ensure all paperwork and data is fully completed and handed over to the appropriate person
· Communicate any deviations from original job specifics to the relevant people
· Ensure any Company issued equipment is kept safe and contained within relevant storage/protection case
· Work will include working away from home and nights
· Must be keen to work away from home on a regular basis – Essential
· Must be a team player – Essential
· Basic numeracy and literacy skills – Essential
· Full UK driving licence – Essential
· Hold current CSCS card – Preferred
· Holds current Trailer License – Preferred
· Must be able to work under own initiative – Preferred
· Current Streetworks qualification – Preferred
· Knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental issues – Preferred
· Good communication skills – Preferred
· Excellent work ethic – Preferred
Starting salary depends on the number of qualifications/skills detailed that the candidate holds, overtime and working away from home expenses also paid.
Candidates wishing to apply should send their CV to the General Manager by emailing [email protected].
We are looking to recruit positions as soon as possible and interviews will take place upon applications for suitable candidates.