Senior Engineer – Highways (Multiple roles available)
Location Huddersfield and surrounding areas, Yorkshire & the Humber, England
Hours Full Time
Date Posted: 19 January 2022
Closing Date: 30 January 2022
Are you looking for an opportunity to work as an Engineer and make a difference within Kirklees, whilst still being able to develop your career and have a good work-life balance?
Kirklees is attracting a significant level of investment into the district, so our Highways Service is also growing to reflect the increase in investment.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for providing effective engineering and technical services in many highway related disciplines, while supervising and supporting a small team of staff. We have a vast number of roles available in many different areas of the service.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Hold HNC/HND or level 4 qualification or above in civil engineering or related discipline or proven ability to work at that level.
- Have experience of design and /or leading in the identification and organisation of all resources required for work.
- Have experience in prioritising and co-ordinating designs, evaluations, procurement processes, site inspections, training/initiatives, research, and providing recommendations.
- Have project management knowledge and experience.
- Have experience of supervision and management of others and knowledge and experience of providing basic advice and guidance on Human Resources issues.
- Have experience of presenting information in formats suitable for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrate an ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision with good team working skills.
- Can use IT systems and software including, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Key System, Civil 3D (for Highway Design) and MicroDrainage (for Highway Design and Drainage), etc.
- Can respond to Councillors operational requests impartially & confidentially.
- Hold a full and valid driving licence and be willing to undertake a Kirklees Council driving assessment and travel between sites using a Council vehicle
If you are interested in a very varied role which gives you the opportunity to use your knowledge and experience to contribute the ever-growing Highways Service in Kirklees, please apply.