Highway Surveyor (multiple roles available)
Location Nationwide, National, England
Hours Full Time
Job Reference: PTS HS 01 / LCRIG35969
Date Posted: 25 May 2022
Closing Date: 31 July 2022
Pavement Testing Services Ltd are seeking enthusiastic, hard-working people to work on sites across the length and breadth of the UK, for a rapidly expanding company. To learn more about PTS, please visit our website at www.ptsinternational.co.uk.
The main duties of a Highway Surveyor are primarily to collect condition data from the carriageways and footways which is provided to local authorities across the UK for developing road maintenance strategies. The bulk of the data is collected using handheld computers by trained Surveyors who use their skill and judgement to record inventory and condition information. The projects are carried out nationwide so staying away from home and own vehicle is required.
- Carry out various surveys to the standard required by the Company and Client as instructed by the Project Managers.
- To be trained as required to ensure consistency and repeatability levels are maintained at acceptable standards.
- Ensure all paperwork and data is fully completed and handed over to the appropriate person.
- Ensure that all work and tasks carried out are done as per company guidelines, to assist in the continual development and improvement of PTS, it’s ISO 9001 management systems, and to comply with all international standards, Health and Safety, applicable laws, regulations, protocols and guidelines.
- Computer literate.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Experience with UKPMS visual surveys is an advantage, but full training will be provided where necessary so not essential.
- Full driving licence. Own vehicle required. Surveyor Accreditation, or its successor, is a requirement of the post and the Company will pay for the annual assessment. Surveyors often work independently and so are expected to work with minimal supervision.