Highway Maintenance & Asset Management Technician
Location Reading, England
Hours Full Time
Salary £20k - £30k a year
Job Reference: DEN0496 / LCRIG20633
Date Posted: 10 September 2021
Closing Date: 19th Sep, 2021
Job reference – DEN0496
Date posted – 09/09/2021
Application closing date – 19/09/2021
Location – Bennet Road
Salary – £21,748 – £32,234
Job category/type – Transport & Highways
About the role
We require an enthusiastic and motivated individual to undertake a variety of work and services within an engineering environment, which may include (but not limited to);
- To investigate, assist in the design and implementation (including site supervision) of highway, traffic management, engineering and transport schemes.
- To help project manage (including budget monitoring) allocated scheme
- To provide professional and technical services consistent with the postholders qualifications and experience
- Maintain and update the Councils WDM based Highway Asset Management systems.
The post will report to the Highways Asset Manager.
As a Technician you will help support the Highway Asset Management team and have experience of assisting with a variety of engineering projects.
You will be required to work Monday to Friday including some weekend and ‘out of hours’ work when required.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays – rising to 32 days after 10 years’ service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Council’s Depot in South Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan – a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- ‘Your Reading Passport’ scheme – competitive rates for local gyms
For further information about the role please contact Richard Ponchaud on 0118 937 4193.
Closing date: 19th September 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success