Group Engineer – Safety Design
Location Huddersfield, Yorkshire & the Humber, England
Hours Full Time
Salary £40k - £50k a year
Job Reference: Unlimited / LCRIG16474
Date Posted: 8 July 2021
Closing Date: 31st Dec, 2021
Plus Market Rate Supplement of £3,000 reviewed annually.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our Highways Safety Design team. We are passionate in supporting the regeneration of our town centres, through effective and innovative design of highway improvement. The aim of this role is to create and attract hubs for the future.
This group engineer role offers a varied daily workload and you will be given the opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise whilst gaining experience in the Highways Safety and Public Realm Design.
We are looking for a Group Engineer who already has:
- An appropriate professional or academic qualification which related to the skills and abilities required for the post or the ability to demonstrate significant experience.
- Proven experience and knowledge of budget preparation and financial management and control.
- Experience of providing effective leadership alongside team management and development.
- You will need a full and valid driving licence, and a willingness to carry out a Kirklees Driver Assessment.
Your key responsibilities and duties will be to:
- Manage and mentor others in the concept and detail design of a range of Town Centre focused highway schemes.
- Liaise with, and advise, various Council departments, partners, and 3rd parties on design issues relating to all traffic interaction on the highway, understand the need for a high level of effective and efficient communication, both written and verbal.
- Assess, and supervise others looking at the potential highway impacts of proposed developments in and around our Town Centres.
- Supervise others in the preparation of works packages, estimates, bills of quantities, contract drawings and documentation where appropriate, and supervision of the highway schemes they are involved in.
- Manage and monitor Capital Plan expenditure including preparation of Cabinet reports and expenditure updates for Capital monitoring.
- Undertake and support Principal Engineers in project management, including preparation of technical and financial reports.
- Be responsible for the wellbeing of yourself and others on a day to day basis, and the supervision of Senior Engineers, Engineers and Apprentices within in your team.
At Kirklees Council, we want to support your professional development to give you the right skills, confidence, and support to really achieve your potential. We offer a variety of courses and training designed for this exact purpose.
We value the importance of having work life balance, so therefore we offer provisions such as flexible-working, generous holiday entitlement, a variety of special leave policies and employee healthcare services.
Please note, this is an ongoing advert and we will be shortlisting regularly for this role.