Location Grantham, Maidstone, Ledbury, National, England
Hours Full Time
Salary Competitive Salary - Dependent on Experience
Job Reference: GO2021 / LCRIG15408
Date Posted: 15 June 2021
Closing Date: 8th Oct, 2021
We provide innovative infrastructure solutions for the protection of people, places and communities globally.
Enhanced by great people, creativity and innovation to deliver sustainable growth.
Our Operational Delivery Services, customer services, commercial and engineering teams offer support to every aspect of your project, for a completely seamless journey.
The purpose of this role is to provide labour services to all of the general operations and contracting work carried out by Highway Care, being responsive and adaptable to the continually changing requirements of the Company and Customers.
You must be able to work at any Highway Care premises or on site at locations normally within the UK, operating under varying shift patterns (accepting these may change at short notice) and including frequent night / weekend work.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
1) Work individually or as part of a team, at all times maintaining high levels of workmanship and customer service in the following activities:
a. BG 800 installation/removal
b. Other crash cushion/terminal &/or road restraint system installation
c. Driving and equipment operation
d. Yard duties
2) When interacting with customers, outside agencies and public, maintain a courteous, professional and helpful approach/response. If appropriate, route questions and enquiries to relevant department normally via your Team Leader
3) Uphold general health & safety requirements and those specific to the role
4) Efficiency of individual work through-put including checking for accuracy and quality as relevant to a specific task
5) Contribute to the overall safe, efficient and productive team and environment, including housekeeping tasks
6) Assist with the safety and welfare of people visiting or assisting with work in designated work areas
7) Actively participate in the ‘team’, cooperating with Team Leaders and sharing ideas that may make the team more effective
8) Attending training courses and working hard to achieve professional qualifications that the Company may put you forward for
9) Keep accurate records of labour hours and materials usage including the completion and submission of paperwork in a timely, legible and truthful manner
10) Maintain tools and equipment, reporting any deficiencies or defects to Team Leader
11) Use all plant and equipment in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and complying with current legislation
Essential to the role:
- Full Driving license
- Flexibility regarding shift patterns and tasks allocated
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Adaptable to changing requirements to suit needs of customers
- 22 days AL (increasing up to a maximum of 27 days)
- Auto enrolment pension scheme – 3% employer
- Full access to EAP
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Retail discounts
- Training and upskilling
Please send a cover letter together with your C.V. to: [email protected]