Training | cpd-surface-dressing | 13 May 2022
1 June 2022 | Training
13-14 Jul 22 | Landmark 3 Brindley Place, Birmingham, B1 2JB
Technology now offers new tools to assist in the deployment of new policy aims for Highway Authorities that work with, and employ IHE members. Such technology can range from increasingly advanced traffic signals and bus priority demands, through to data from connected vehicles and artificial intelligence and image processing. Often termed Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), these are no longer simply pilot schemes but should now form part of the everyday transport toolkit available and yet often practitioners do not know where to start in deploying them, or what their advantages are.
These technologies are often beyond the skills taught in traditional traffic engineering courses, and so can be challenging for practitioners to understand, procure and deploy. They also require new skills sets e.g., in data, IT security and the user’s experiences that can be provided by other people, but where a basic understanding of the principles will help delivery. New transport polices and services are also on the horizon, ranging from highly automated vehicles and road pricing, to kerb management that will also need a basic understanding of the ITS principles they are built on.
This 2 day course aims to provide an introduction to ITS outlining an understanding of the principles of the use of ITS and also provide confidence on the principles and practices of it’s deployment. It will provide a useful insight into ITS and assist those seeking professional registration through the ICTTech route provided through the IHE.
- To have confidence in understanding the concept of ITS and how it fits in your authority
- To better understand how existing ITS in your authority is used and how to get maximum benefit from it
- To be able to see benefits for its adoption in your local authority’s traffic systems
- To know where standards can help and where to look for specialist help, guidance and case studies
- To be able to explain ITS concepts and business cases in simple language
- Knowledge of the role of ITS in current and future transport policy delivery
- Knowledge of benefits and deployment in past case studies
- Awareness of how it fits in with other authority business e.g., IT, data, cyber security
- Knowledge of how to deploy ITS in existing traffic systems with minimal risk
- Awareness of connected vehicles, open data, AI and new sensing technology
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all those working in the ITS sector.
Achieving ICTTech Professional Registration
Following the course you can make an application for ICTTech Registration if you meet the requirements.
If you have any questions regarding the course email us at: [email protected]