26 March 2022 | Meeting | Conference | Seminar | BY: Liverpool John Moores University
Venue: Liverpool John Moores University, Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Byrom Street, L3 3AF, James Parson Building – Lower Lecture Theatre
Date: Wednesday 27 April 2022, Liverpool UK
Conference aims and topics
The School of Civil Engineering and Built Environment at Liverpool John Moores University, in association with the ASI Solutions and Colas Ltd UK, will host its 20th annual international conference in April 2022.
The conference will focus on highways and airport pavement engineering, asphalt technology, and infrastructure, and is a continuation of the successful annual events hosted by LJMU since 2001. These annual conferences have attracted large numbers of speakers from industry and academia in the past and delegates and exhibitors from the UK, Europe, Middle East, USA, South America, Australia and the Far East have all taken part.
The conference will benefit those stakeholders with specific interest in:
- the development, construction and management of Highways and Airport Pavement Engineering, Asphalt Technology, and Infrastructure;
- environmental protection, materials technology, pavement and infrastructure structural design and evaluations;
- IT in pavement, asphalt and airport pavement and infrastructure; design, maintenance and assessment/evaluations
- energy reduction, aggregate recycling initiatives, airport, road and highways road base design and analysis/evaluations
The conference will be of interest to:
- policy advisors
- environmental regulators
- infrastructure clients
- specifiers, planners and designers
- research centres, academia, local authorities
- highway-related consultants and designers and
- materials suppliers, construction companies, contractors and educational institutions
The conference will pay particular attention to:
- pavement design, aggregate and asphalt materials
- improvements in asphalt and paving technology
- secondary cementitious materials, data collection and pavement inventory management and
- highway asset management, recycling initiatives, road, highways and airports maintenance and infrastructures
Papers are invited on topics mentioned above and those addressing the themes of the conference, innovation and the application of new materials and/or techniques are welcomed. Contributions are especially welcomed from clients, specifiers, regulators, local authorities, consultants, contractors, materials suppliers, research and educational organisations/institutions.
The conference will provide a unique setting within which to share and explore new ideas and to review innovations in the practical application of sustainable construction materials and techniques in pavement engineering and highways maintenance
ASI Solutions • Colas Ltd • Total Bitumen • WJ Group • Velocity UK • Highways England • The Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT) • The Institution of Asphalt Technology (IAT) • The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
For more information and to register, please click here.